We are happy to answer all questions relating to the care and comfort of attendees on our Easter course but would ask you to take time to read and understand the following Terms and Conditions before you sign and pay for the course. Our Terms and Conditions are designed to ensure the smooth-running and success of our course.
Registration and Payment of Fees
- Courses do fill up rapidly so in order to avoid disappointment and to secure your place please note that registration will only be confirmed on receipt (by email or hard copy in the post) of a fully completed application form accompanied by the appropriate payment.
- Once your application is processed you will receive an acceptance letter and a non-refundable deposit of £250 will be requested in order to secure your place on the course.
- The registration fee is £50 and also payable upon receipt of our acceptance letter.
- The balance (cost of the course + any individual tuition less deposit paid) is due by 23rd March 2020.
- No student will be allowed to begin a course until the course has been paid for in full.
- Bath Tutorial College will not be liable for loss or damage to personal property or injury to persons however caused, other than where any negligence on the part of Bath Tutorial College is proved.
Behaviour of students attending the course
- Bath Tutorial College reserves the right to terminate the study of and request the withdrawal of any student whose behaviour is deemed detrimental to the smooth running of the course. Refund of fees will be at the discretion of the Course Director.
- Drugs and alcoholic beverages may not be brought onto any premises where the course takes place, student residences, classrooms or any other part of the course campus. Infraction of this condition of attendance will result in immediate withdrawal from the course. No refund of fees will be considered.
- Smoking is not permitted on any premises where the course takes place, student residences, classrooms or any other part of the course campus.
- Parents or guardians (or any other signatory responsible for registration of a student on the course) accept full liability for any damage to property caused by the student(s) for whom they are responsible, be it malicious or accidental.
- Students will abide at all times by instruction given to them at the time of registration to the course and on arrival and registration at the course, regarding attendance, punctuality and the need to be on premises where the course takes place, namely, student residences, classrooms or other parts of the course campus, at times directed by the course organisers. Unauthorised absence may result in removal from the course.
- Any student who wishes to seek permission to leave the college at any time for any reason during the course must obtain permission from their parent, guardian (or any other signatory responsible for registration of a student on the course) before approaching the Course Director
- Students may not invite guests onto any site where the course takes place at any time during the course.
- Students may not bring and park their own car or other motorised vehicle to any site where the course takes place.
- Bath Tutorial College welfare service is available 24 hours a day. In the event of a medical emergency or any other health problem which may arise, attendance on the course implies consent to College direction on appropriate medical support, either provided by the College appointed medical practice or a local hospital. Once the College has been alerted to any problem arising, parents or guardians (or any other signatory responsible for registration of a student on the course) will be contacted immediately and kept informed of progress throughout.
Changes to the course programme
- Bath Tutorial College reserves the right to cancel any group-based course where under-subscribed. If such a cancellation occurs, a student may elect to study the same subject through individual tuition (with an appropriate adjustment of the fee), may take an alternative course where there is still availability, or may choose to withdraw from the course receiving a full refund of fees paid.
Bath Tutorial College Marketing
- It is very helpful to the college to be able to use student photographs for marketing purposes. Any student or parent who wishes to withhold permission should inform Bath Tutorial College in writing, preferably at the time of registration and certainly before the commencement of the course.
- The breach of any course rule stated below may result in dismissal from the course. Furthermore, any student who breaks the law or displays aggressive, intimidating or racist behaviour will face instant dismissal from the course. Should a student face instant dismissal, the student will be withdrawn from the course with immediate effect and will need to return home at the parent’s expense at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Students are expected to attend all meals and classes.
- All damage to property, equipment and rooms will be charged to the student.
- Gratuitous or wilful damage to university property, public property or other students’ property may result in dismissal from the course.
- Theft or suspected theft of university equipment or another student’s possessions may result in dismissal from the course.
- Consumption or possession of alcohol by students of any age is not permitted and will result in dismissal from the course.
- Drug-taking or possession of drugs including Psychoactive Substances (in the UK formally known as legal highs) will result in instant dismissal from the course.
- Smoking is not permitted in any of the university buildings or in the grounds of the university.
- Racist or intimidating behaviour towards another student or member of staff will result in dismissal from the course.
- In the university accommodation, girls and boys may only mix in the designated recreation areas.
- Any student who leaves their house after lights out may be dismissed from the course.
- Personal mobile phones must be turned off during all lessons and scheduled activities.
- Bath Tutorial College reserve the right to search a student’s room if it is suspected they are breaking any of the course rules.
Liability & Changes
- Bath Tutorial College LLP has public liability Insurance. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to exclude any liability of Bath Tutorial College LLP for personal injury or death caused by the negligence of the company or those employed by the company.
- The details of the programme have been published in good faith. We reserve the right to make any changes or alterations to any aspect of the course, in the event of unsuitable weather conditions or other factors beyond our control.
- We will use the personal information you provide to us to:
- process your application;
- process your payment for the fees; and
- inform you about similar products or services that we provide, but you may ask us at any time to stop using your information in this way.
- We will not give your personal data to any other third party except that:
- we may share your personal data with other companies in the same group of companies as us; and
- if your booking has been made through an agent we may share information with them.
- If you have any complaints about the course, please raise this with us by contacting the Bath Tutorial College Directors on firstname.lastname@example.org