Our tutors all have excellent academic backgrounds with degrees achieved at top universities both in the UK and worldwide.
They have many years of experience teaching A levels and GCSEs in schools and in the tutorial sector. Some work as examiners and can offer a profound insight into the whole examination process. Many also have university teaching experience.
Our tutors aim to understand the way each of their student’s learns best – everyone is an individual who can be helped to understand how to develop their own winning approach.
Throughout the course our tutors will focus on:
- Filling gaps in learning
- Finding new ways to explain topics that can be hard to grasp
- Revising the syllabus
- Helping students develop a winning style of writing
- Developing exam technique
- Setting and marking test papers
- Offering detailed feedback on written work (especially answers written in timed conditions)
- Offering ‘model answers’ – guidance on the most effective responses
- Identifying types of questions likely to appear in the coming exams
Our tutors aim for their students to leave our course with a plan for the final weeks of study in place, confident and ready for the challenge of the exam room in the summer, set to achieve their target grade.